ASHOKA PEACE VILLAGE
Ashoka Peace Village is an initiatice which aim to facilitate in a home for widows and underprivileged people. However, the planned center will accommodate several other facilities too. Ashoka Peace Village accommodates people who want to contribute in a volunteering project. Volunteering is the excellent way to see how the people of rural India live. Besides visists to the projects, some time can be reserved for visits to touristic attractions like the famous Fort Bekal.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are happy to tell everyone about the project. If you stay for multiple days, we will be able to take you to schools, the local people of the Maratha community and other places involved in the project. People can help in empowerment of the woman of the community and in contributing to the development of the center. Besides visists to the projects, some time can be reserved for visits to touristic attractions like the famous Fort Bekal.
The home-base for volunteering is located 38 km from Kasargod, close to Perla.
You will stay at a simple homestay, situated in the forest close to the local village of Perla. M.V. Mathew is your host and his wife or office assistant will provide you with lovely Indian food.
- It is possible for people to read, write and participate in meditation and yoga classes.
- The center can host elderly people, with an age above 65 years. Those people can come, take medicine, retreat and enjoy the silent life
- The center is open for woman in distress at any time
- Those, who want to participate in one of the training classes for a specific time span
- A marriage guidance center
- breast-feeding promotion programs
- Career guidance and entrepreneur development
- Aryurvedic medicine and treatments
- Research and Training center in consumer rights and human rights
- Consumer products testing labratory
Accommodation, transport to the (rural) place and food during your stay is provided.
A small donation is appreciated and will be fully used to realize the center for windows and underprivileged people.
Please fill in the Contact form if you want any more information or connect with us through mail or mobile phone. We are happy to welcome all.